Plenary Insights – June 2020
DG Communication is continuously monitoring public opinion by conducting regular Eurobarometer surveys in all 27 EU Member States. This newsletter aims at providing general public with the most recent Eurobarometer data on key topics of this week’s plenary agenda.
Although this service cannot be fully exhaustive, as not all items on the plenary agenda have been the subject of recent surveys, we can offer data on the following items of the plenary session:
- Preparations of European Council meeting of 19 June 2020
- Conference on the Future of Europe
- The Anti-racism protests following the death of Georges Floyd
- Tackling Covid-19 disinformation and the impact on freedom of expression
- The reopening of the investigation against the Prime Minister of the Czech Republic on the misuse of EU funds and potential conflicts of interest
Based normally exclusively on the European Union’s own Eurobarometer surveys, this newsletter is enriched by data from several external surveys.