Europe Day 2020 - Calling all film editors
To mark Europe Day 2020, the European Parliament Liaison Office in Ireland, in cooperation with the European Commission Representation Office and Galway Film Centre, has launched a call for film editors to submit a 90-second video on Ireland’s membership with the EU and European solidarity. We are looking for storytellers with a steady hand that can stimulate and inspire us to reflect on the role Ireland plays in the broader European community and the opportunities the EU creates for Ireland. Deadline: 20 May 2020, 3:00 pm
To help film editors with this task, access to the European Commission and European Parliament’s archive footage is provided, which editors can dig through to help them make that inspiring story.
We would like to encourage you to submit your proposal. Instructions on how best to access the above mentioned archives can be found here. The successful editors will have access to a limited budget to source independent archive material to help bring your proposal to life.
Two winning proposals will be chosen and given a €2,500 commission to jointly edit the promotional video proposed. The two selected editors will also each be able to enjoy a trip (flight + accommodation) for two people to the European Parliament in Brussels in early 2021.
How to Apply
- Applicants are required to submit a proposal (max 1,500 words) for videos no longer than 90 seconds in duration;
- Applicants should also submit an up to date CV and showreel;
- All proposals must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 3pm on Wednesday 20th May 2020.
Submissions will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Clear and Precise Language in Proposal
- Evidence of Editing Proficiency
- Adherence to the theme
Possible Themes include
- Solidarity between Ireland and the European Union;
- Working together to protect the environment and tackle climate change;
- Opportunities to Irish people in Europe (e.g. for students regarding Erasmus Schemes);
- Ireland and Europe’s cultural connections.
The Europe Day Project is a partnership between Galway Film Centre, the European Commission Representation and the European Parliament Liaison Office in Ireland in association with Galway European Capital of Culture 2020.